Sunday, November 23, 2014

My Angel

your voice resonated in a song
every time you spoke
the words chimed together
creating an atmosphere
some can only imagine experiencing

your rosy cheeks and broad grin
brightened the room
even on the darkest days
and we all wish
we could see it right now

photographs don't capture
your essence
enough to make it okay
but your impact on me
is one more powerful than most

I can remember your smile
your numerous fragrances that
wafted through the room.
I can remember the anecdotes
and the incessant laughter that filled the room
whenever you were there

you made everything better
and nothing will ever be the same
but I know you're out there. I know you're
not gone. Because you can't be.
Because wonderful things don't leave.

you will never be gone
because the Irises bloom every spring
and your pictures will sway in the cross breeze
and you changed my life
and believed in me.

You're my angel.
like the glass trinkets
throughout your house.
The ones I always wished
to play with.

You're the angel I'll hold near
forever
because your smile
will forever brighten my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment