Sunday, February 26, 2012

Drifting Away

some have told me
that the distance between us
will only bring us closer together

but if that's the case
then why do i feel you
slipping away through my fingers
like sand on a windy day?

grain by grain
it's like i never knew you
in the first place

you've managed to pull away
from me
and leave me alone
with only memories

you told me this would work
you told me everything would be okay
why did you lie?
why did you break my heart?

love shouldn't be temporary
you weren't 
in my heart

so how is it
that with my feelings as strong as they were
for you
you managed to leave me behind
in the dust?

i will always love you
no matter how many hundreds
of miles you put between us

you stole my heart when you left
and most painful of all..
you kept it with you
and gave me nothing in return
but a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment